Quality and Vendor Manager
Quality & Service Assurance
To act as the Quality Management Representative and Vendor Manager, maintaining and continually improving the quality management system and standards across the company in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Working with our vendors to drive innovation, performance and cost reduction ensuring maximum VFM is achieved. Driving Service Excellence both internally and through our vendors.
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Service Support. Interacts with all areas of the CableCom Group and all teams including the Senior Management team.
Multiple but all key suppliers.
- Maintaining our ISO 9001:2015 accreditation.
- Full audit schedule with detailed audit reports outlining findings and suggested improvements.
- Reporting on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement.
- Reporting on the impact of process improvements that have been applied.
- Process controls documented and maintained across all business functions.
- Integrated Management Systems across the CableCom Group.
- Vendor Contract Database effectively managed to drive maximum VFM.
- Maintain supplier database, appropriately categorising suppliers as Key, Important or Standard.
- Ensuring partnerships are maintained with key and important suppliers through frequent service reviews and performance evaluation.
- Service Improvement Plans implemented and monitored with suppliers where required.
- To promote Quality and customer focus across the company, communicating the importance of effective quality management and of conforming to the quality management system requirements.
- To ensure conformance of the company processes and procedures against the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Ensure that the integrity and performance of the QMS is maintained and reviewed at planned intervals, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
- Systems Thinking - Using the PDCA cycle ensure that processes are adequately applied and monitored. Ensure opportunities for improvement are determined across the business with an aim to eradicate failure and waste in processes and promoting efficiencies and good practice.
- Research and review customer feedback and using this to inform quality processes and decisions. Facilitating opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints where required.
- Integration of the Quality Management systems across the group providing uniformity to our Quality objectives and processes.
- Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by management for measuring the performance of the QMS and that these are regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the QMS related to their own roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted, ensuring that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the QMS is being followed and maintained.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken when non-conformance is reported, by identifying the root cause of the non-conformance and mitigating the risk of recurrence.
- Act as point of contact for both internal teams and suppliers for escalations, including service, supply and commercial.
- Ensure that all suppliers used by the organisation are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Relationship Management: Build strong partnerships with our Key vendors and suppliers to ensure mutually beneficial relationships are established, in order to extract maximum possible value and ensure continued service delivery.
- Contract Management: Full visibility of expiring contracts, allowing us to leverage multi source extensions through executing a comprehensive sourcing process to drive cost reduction.
- Performance Management: Applying reporting against KPI’s and SLAs to enable us accurately evaluate and manage the performance of our key suppliers.
- Commitment from Management Team and process owners to drive quality, improvements and support the audit process.
- Support from Management and all process owners across the business to define and drive new processes and reinforce change.
- Vendor performance feedback.
- Feedback, coaching and support from the Head of Service Support.
- Vendors delivering to contractual agreements.
- Consultancy to support internal & external audit schedule.
- Customer focused and a passion and drive to continuously improve the products and services delivered to our customers.
- Ability to understand the customer, their needs and requirements in order to maintain effective quality control processes.
- An awareness of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and how it is to be applied.
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach.
- Experienced in driving new processes and efficiencies.
- Proven experience of negotiating with staff, customers and suppliers.
- Experience of managing suppliers, contract negotiations, disputes and service improvement plans.
- Build strong relationships & communicate effectively at all levels both internally & externally.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal & presentation).
- Ability to balance, co-ordinate and translate the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines in pressure situations
- Manage workloads/time to achieve deadlines.
If interested in the role, please send CV and cover letter to